This article aims to be your starting point once you've received your Seervision DoP server.
If everything went according to plan, you've landed on this page because you just got your Seervision DoP and you're wanting to try it out. If that's the case, you're in the right place!
1. Accessing the Seervision Suite interface
The HDMI ports on the DoP can not be used to access the interface. They will just show a terminal login prompt and nothing else. To access the Seervision Suite, visit its IP in your web browser.
The first thing you will probably want to do is take a look at our interface. The Seervision Suite is actually a website (more specifically, a web app), which you can access using Google's Chrome browser. All you need to do is:
- Power up the DoP server
- Connect it to your LAN
- Find the IP of the server (just consult your DHCP server for this)
- Access the IP using Google Chrome
That's it! If you can't find the IP of the DoP, here are some additional ways to find it:
- If the DoP is on a LAN that has internet access, just contact us and we can remotely verify the IP
- The DoP also has a static IP assigned to it, usually 10.10.12.101. For more details on accessing this IP, see our manual.
2. Connecting the video input
To be able to steer the camera, the DoP needs the video feed. Currently, we can either take a direct 3G SDI signal in (or 12G depending on the DoP configuration), or you can choose to use full NDI® of NDI®|HX for a video over IP solution. We talk a bit more about this setup on our NDI®/SDI page. Note that we currently only support NDI®|HX V1, we're working on V2 support!
3. Configuring control of the camera
We support many different robotic heads and PTZs, and we've written some individual guides for them. To see how to configure them for Seervision control, consult these respective pages:
- Seervision for Panasonic PTZs
- Seervision for Canon PTZs
- Seervision for Birddog PTZs
- Seervision for VISCA-controlled PTZs
- Seervision for robotic heads
NDI® is a registered trademark of Vizrt Group.