This article covers a basic self-learning path of what you need to know to operate the Seervision Suite for your first production
The aim of this page is to help new operators for the Seervision Suite to get started and getting them comfortable for their first production. This introduction has two parts to it:
- Theory: This part consists mostly of reading our Knowledge Base pages and the manual
- Practice: This optional part is a one hour session that can be booked with Seervision. Participants will be controlling an operational Seervision Suite via Remote Desktop
Our documentation constantly improves because our customers provide us with feedback on what is missing. If you notice that something on this page is incomplete or unclear, let us know!
Fundamentals - Theory
To get comfortable with the basics of the Seervision Suite, we recommend reading through the following pages in order:
- If you are responsible for the technical setup of the system, you will want to check out our Quickstart Guides (only for the hardware that is relevant to you) and the steps to setting up the DoP.
- Next, read through our manual. It is not absolutely necessary to read all of it (though we recommend it), but the necessary key parts are:
- Lastly, go through Understanding Seervision. This will give you a good feeling of how the Seervision Suite works, what its strengths are, and what situations you need to watch out for to get the best performance
Fundamentals - Practice
Before moving on to the practical part, the Fundamentals - Theory part above must be completed first. A small quiz will be administered before booking the practical part to ensure the operator possesses the required fundamentals to make the most of this one hour session. Passing this test is a prerequisite to booking the hands-on practice session.
Getting comfortable with all the aspects of the Seervision Suite is best done by setting up your own system and testing it out. Of course, that's not always possible, due to material constraints or other.
For that reason, we offer a one hour hands-on session which takes place online. Attendees will be asked to connect to our studio via Remote Desktop, where an active Seervision Suite is running. Together with staff from Seervision, the following topics will be covered:
- Technical System Setup: how to connect the various parts of the SV Suite (optional)
- Simple production workflows: we go over the fundamentals that were covered in Fundamentals - Theory (see above, e.g. creating Containers, manual PTU movement) and make sure that the operator masters those
- Advanced workflow concepts: going through Containers and Triggers in detail, adjustments to get the best image feed, tips and tricks
If you would like to book such a Practice Session, shoot us an email and we'll be happy to kick the process off!